Yes... these are very basic, but they are crucial!
1. Be a good listener
2. Take notes as you talk with your contact.
3. Stay on track.
4. Concentrate on what you say, how you say it and the tone of your voice.
5. Turn a negative response into a sales advantage.
6. Never apologize for calling.
7. Explain your offer in clear terms with WIIFM (what’s in it for me) to the buyer in the forefront.
8. Write a script or checklist to follow during the call.
9. Smile while you are speaking to the potential client; it comes across the phone line.
10. Record your side of the conversation so you can review it later.