1. Take an honest inventory of where your company stands in the "mind of the buyer".
2. There is little reason to spend your time trying to sell someone who doesn’t have any idea of what date they want your catering.
3. Marketing is what your company does to locate new buyers ... it is the first step in sales.
4. Ask your present buyers and staff what they would do if they owned your company for a day and could change anything that they wanted.
5. Hold a “Food Critic For A Day” marketing concept where you invite people into a venue to taste your new menu items. Each person is given a clipboard with a list of questions about the food and a system for rating each new food. People will love to do this and you will gain new exposure to your clients.