A caterer can be either a leader or a follower in marketing activity. Greater marketing efforts usually result in greater sales—assuming the marketing has the intended impact on those it touches. Many companies are leaders and followers; it just depends on the message they are trying to get into the minds of buyers.
What you need to do to be a marketing leader:
· Master the ability to recognize the opportunity for new service and products more quickly than others.
· Be concentrated on success and winning over your competition.
· Have a clearly written mission statement or goal for marketing.
· Educate your entire team and potential clients to the advantages of your product and service.
· Have valid cost-control in your marketing programs.
· Constantly take the pulse of the marketplace by gathering data on the effectiveness of your marketing.
· Enjoy winning!
· Know what will be needed five years from now.