There are many reasons a customer ma raise objections. It may be as simple as the customer not understanding something, or as complicated as the customer fearing that he or she can’t afford your services, but being embarrassed to say so. Some of the reasons a customer may raise objections are:
• Normal hesitancy.
• Loyalty to their current catering company.
• Fear of making a mistake.
• Not convinced by your sales pitch.
• Don’t have the money (objections are
a way to avoid embarrassment).
• Have the money, but have other priorities.
• Don’t like you.
• Don’t trust you.
• Being confused (maybe because you didn’t present the information clearly).
• You’ve highlighted the wrong benefits.
• You waited too long for the close.
• You used the wrong examples or “war stories.”
• Don’t sense your enthusiasm while you’re selling.
I suggest that in your next sales meeting you discuss these points and try to discover others!