Thursday, January 17, 2013

Questions On Your Shopper's Mind

There are certain questions that are on the mind of all buyers when they first approach a caterer. Shoppers tend to be reluctant to ask the salesperson these questions because they are kind of intense. Imagine how you would feel if a friend asked, “Did you brush your teeth today?” The questions include:
Is the food good?
Will the caterer let me participate in the planning?
Will they ask me difficult questions?
What does the staff look like? Are they honest? Will they steal something?
Will the caterer embarrass me?
How much extra food do they bring?
Have they ever run out of food?
Will they show up on time?
Is the kitchen clean?
Has anyone gotten ill eating their food?
Will they still be in business on event day?
Who else has bought from them?
What are the things that might go wrong?
How will our place look after they leave?
What happens to my money if I need to cancel?
What will it cost me?
The more of these questions you answer for your shopper without them asking first, the greater your chance of a sale becomes. While they can be answered anytime during your time with the shopper, the sooner you answer them the better. The easiest way to begin the process is by saying, “Mr. and Mrs. Smith, please let me take a moment to answer some of the questions that by best clients have asked.”

No comments:

Post a Comment