Monday, January 16, 2012

Florida Vacation Report...Finally!

Well, it's Monday (the 10th day of our vacation) and I just got my repaired Apple MacBook Air back from Apple, so I can at least give you some inkling of what has been happening. By the way, I return to the cold weather of Chicago tomorrow!


Since I no longer am involved with the daily operations of Catersource (sold the controlling interest in July), Bernice and I were actually able to travel during the important Catersource conference registration period without having to handle the hundreds of phone calls that are associated with conference registration. By the way, if you haven't registered yourself for the conference yet do so because it will be an amazing educational event! Remember: I'm still teaching seven sessions at the conference so we will still be able to visit together.


The majority of vacation days have had wonderful weather between 75 to 80 degrees. Yesterday and today the temps were in the 60's - a bummer, but today and tomorrow will reach back into the high 70's. I know it sounds terrible, but I'm happy it finally snowed in Chicago - makes the vacation more valid!


Haven't had any bad food on this vacation, but the best food, service and ambiance happened on the third day of the trip with a lunch at Donald Trump's private club Mar-a- Lago in Palm Beach, FL. We've been there before, but this world-class venue is simply amazing. The culinary team is outstanding and the facility is breath-taking. 


David & Jane Zylstra and Bernice and me at our table for lunch at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, FL.

During the lunch I interrupted Bernice, who was talking to our best friends David and Jane Zylstra (they are members of Mar-a-Lago), that Regis Philbin has just walked into the outdoor patio dining area in his tennis outfit. Bernice, who is a huge fan of Regis, turned and said to Regis as he passed to his table "Regis, we really miss you" referring to the  departure from his TV show. Regis stopped, placed and rested his hand on Bernice's shoulder saying "Thank you dear". Well, we could have just gone home after lunch since nothing would top this moment for Bernice!


Here's some of my own photography from our meal:
Snapper BLT.

Lobster Salad.

Chocolate Cake.
Key Lime Boat.


A few other observations from Mar-a-Logo:




I just loved this water goblet wrapper or
booty if you wish to call it!
This is an example of their upscale foodservice footprint -
rather interesting don't you think? Could you sell this in your
market?


No comments:

Post a Comment