Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Roman's Tips For Managers - Part #2

12. Be curious and open-minded.
13. Be an active listener.
14. Be a mentor to someone on the way up.
15. Celebrate the personal and professional accomplishments of your staff.
16. Use “we” rather than “I” when talking about the firm.
17. Keep all promises.  Don’t promise more than you can deliver.
18. Strive for total quality/continuous improvement at all times.
19. Look at problems as opportunities.
20. Bring more humor into your company.
21. Use the K.I.S.S. principle (keep it simple... stupid) whenever possible.
22. Say “I don’t know” when you don’t.


NOTE: If you didn’t receive this blog post directly to your computer via your email without needing to login to my blog site, then you should take a moment and register to get my posts automatically without going directly to the website. Simply input your email address in the field directly under my photo in the top right margin of my blog site.  You will receive an email to reconfirm and you are done

No comments:

Post a Comment