Saturday, May 21, 2011

NRA Show - Day One of Four

It is a very big show! Yes, mainly restaurants attend, but the number of caterers attending grows each year. I arrived at 7:30 AM with the doors opening to the public at 9:30 AM. McCormick Place, where the show is held, is one of Chicago's (my home town) finest buildings.


Our booth #7100 is in the North Hall - in all over 3,000 booths! Did I mention the walking? I love walking...

It is always great when attendees to the show come up and say "Hey, I saw you at Catersource." Visitors to the show come mainly from North American, but we spoke with caterers from Mexico, Costa Rica, France, and Japan. It was very special to say hello to Tim Ryan the President of the Culinary Institute of America. I had the pleasure of working with Tim over the years I taught catering classes in Hyde Park, NY


Here are two of our booth team members this year. On the left is our Creative Director Jean Blackmer and our newest teaching sensation caterer Bill Pannhoff. If you are coming to the show be sure to stop in and say hello!! z

More tomorrow with some photos of caterers who stopped by.

No comments:

Post a Comment