Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Basic Qualification Script

After the phone rings, here is the basic script to follow to insure you get your presentation and relationship off to a proper start:

If I may ask you just a few questions, I’ll be able to serve you better or place you with the right person. Please tell me, what date you are you looking to reserve for your catering?”

“For approximately how many guests?”

“And what type of event will it be?”

“Thank you. Please let me check our reservation book to make sure that June 25 is still available for your wedding of 125 guests. May I place you on hold?”

Assuming they answer your questions, you now can move forward in a professional manner.

Note: This post was taken directly from my book If You Don’t Sell It, You Can’t Cook It!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! Gets YOU the information you need to see if you should mess with it and gives THEM the feeling of scarcity.

    ReplyDelete