1. Tactfully let the client know when they are making a planning mistake by explaining how it will dampen the event's success.
2. Make your special clients feel important by giving them a private phone number to call that is answered in a special manner.
3. "Gratuities are not required or included in the menu price, but are graciously accepted by our staff" ... a great line to put into a contract or letter to a client.
4. Forecasting & monitoring is a necessary evil for successful catering.
5. Often a party for 45 can have more problems than an event of 450.
6. Catering is more of a manufacturing business than a service one.