Thursday, November 17, 2011

Roman's Thought On An Interesting Flight

OK. I’m a good flyer. I’ve flown commercial for over 1.6 million miles. That’s a lot of ups and downs. However, for the first time in my life (after flying for 40 plus years) I found myself on a short 30 minute flight from Seattle to Yakima Washington last week. This was my first “prop” flight ever. I had never flown anything but jets.

Silly as it sounds, I was a little nervous. Can’t tell you why? I had the same feeling when I was getting my first root canal. To make it even more interesting I was seated in row 8 which placed me exactly next to the propeller! This is the view from my window. The noise from the engine was loud and the floor was vibrating like a chair you put a dollar in for a massage!



Yakima is a “small” city or perhaps it should be referred to as a town. I found it to be a wonderful city with friendly and warm people. One quick story. After returning to my hotel after eating dinner at one of the city’s finer restaurants, I freaked out when I realized that my wallet was not to be found! As I started to retrace my “steps” the phone range. It was the restaurant telling me that they had found my wallet.

All they knew when they found my wallet on the floor under the table was my name. They knew I was visiting from Chicago, but they didn’t know what hotel I was using. So, they simply started calling all the hotels and simply asked “Is Mike Roman staying at your hotel?” Not to worry… there are only four major hotels in Yakima!

Two things are apparent. Honesty and hospitality thrive in Yakima. Thank goodness that it is a smaller town! 

NOTE: Just in case you doubt my air miles flown - remember it is on one's monthly milage report.


NOTE: If you didn’t receive this blog post directly to your computer via your email without needing to login to my blog site, then you should take a moment and register to get my posts automatically without going directly to the website. Simply input your email address in the field directly under my photo in the top right margin of my blog site.  You will receive an email to reconfirm and you are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment