Thursday, October 6, 2011

Testimonial From A Happy Reader

Below please find an email I received from Harold Kelly who shared with me the success he had with one of my ideas that appeared on my blog:

Hi Mr. Roman,
I want you to know that I read your blog every day and I love it!!  We all read it here every day.

I wanted to share with you about two events I was bidding on for a venue here in Houston.  I really didn’t think I was going to be able to compete against the catering company I was bidding against since they seem to have a leg up on some aspects of the facility we work together in (they have the exclusive beverage contract).

So I thought I would have nothing to lose by trying out your coaching of letting them know that if they didn’t book with us, I would forward a copy of our recipes for items they may have liked from us, to the other catering company.

The loved it!  She called me and said she had never been told that before and thought it demonstrated such a desire to really take care of them and their important event.  She originally told me that she didn’t have anything to do with the decision process.  She only was gathering the information for the top person choosing.  But after that email, she became our champion and highly recommended us to the person making the choice.  I consequently booked the piece of business with them and am completely delighted (as are they!)

I can’t wait to try more new ways of thinking you are showing!
You make me think outside of my own very small box and you get me going!
Selling really has become a bigger expression for me and it excites me now.  I haven’t been this excited about selling in a long time.  Thanks for showing me a way to tap into my passion again!

Thanks for ALL you do for our industry and who you are for us.  It’s great to have this connection with you!

Warmest regards,
Harold Kelly - Melange Events - Houston


Thanks Harold - here is the link to review the blog posting that Harold is referring to:
http://romansopinion.blogspot.com/2011/09/discussion-topic-for-your-next-sales.html

No comments:

Post a Comment