Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Unique 911 Story From Tasty Catering

The email below was sent from Rich Henquinet, the Human Resources Manager of Tasty Catering in Chicago, to Larry Walters, one of the principles of Tasty Catering. I asked for permission to publish this since it is such a learning experience in many obvious ways and some deep thinking ways.


Rich Henquinet
Rich delivered the catering order mentioned in his email on September 11 to a group of Marines - here is the email sent by Rich:


While delivering the US Marines order of hot food for 140 yesterday, I opened the first of three pans of mashed potatoes. I was struck by what I saw - the US Flag! I stopped...and swallowed hard....as goose bumps engulfed my body. I opened the two other pans and they were decorated as well. I could not believe my eyes...and immediately started to try to guess who did this. What an awesome act of Patriotism on Patriot Day*. Two Marines wandered in and asked what was for lunch and I told them "chicken" as I removed the mashed potatoes lid to show them the flag. They both paused and acknowledged the thoughtfulness of the decoration. They mentioned it to a few Marines standing about 40 feet away who then walked over and asked to see it. They too acknowledged the decoration...and very much appreciated it. After the presentation was set up the Sergeant in charge came in to sign the delivery ticket. I showed it to him. He paused as he admired it....and looked me straight in the eyes and thanked me for the decoration. I told him I'd pass his "Thank you" on to the chef who decorated it. This act of kindness WOW'ed the Marines on this truly special day. I felt 10 feet tall as I left the building.  The photo, taken with my cell phone, is not the best of quality. Larry, please pass on my most sincere regards to the chef responsible for this. He or she made us look incredibly good. This is another example of why Tasty Catering is the leader in corporate catering.


Here is the photo Rich took with his cell phone of the mashed potatoes:


Not a great photo, but you can see the FLAG!





Here is the Tasty Catering Chef Ricardo Gervacio, Hot Food Prep Line manager, who took it upon himself to do the American Flag for the Marines.
Chef Richie Gervacio
Great Work Richie!

No comments:

Post a Comment