Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1st. Checklist.

Well - June 1 has arrived. Here are a few things to do today.

1. Ask the staff person who causes you the most "concern" into your office and just chat. During your chat, try to learn three things about their life outside of work that you didn't know.

2. Make and send a simple lunch order for twenty to one of your local vendors who has helped you during the last six months.

3. Take a walk into your walk-in cooler today and try to stay calm.

4. Call a relative that you have not spoken to in a long time. I'm going to call my brother in Las Vegas.

5. Have someone check the air pressure in the tires of your delivery trucks.

6. Google "caterers in (your city)" and see what comes up. This will  remind you that your industry is very competitive.

7. Ask your chef if they have a joke they can tell.

8. Take two of your best workers out to lunch.

9. Try to do something today that is clearly not what you would not normally be expected to do.

10. Call someone at 3:00 PM today and tell them "I love you".

1 comment:

  1. Since Summer is a little (a lot, really) slower for me, I took the bull by the horns and cleaned out my filing cabinet. I made piles and lists of projects that needed to be completed for marketing purposes BEFORE the holidays hit and projects that have been on hold so I could work on these in my slower time. It sounds a bit pedantic and obvious, but it sure cuts down on my reasoning that I'm "not sure where to start".

    ReplyDelete