Monday, May 23, 2011

NRA Show - Day Three of Four

My feet are getting sore from all the walking! Wore a second pair of socks today which makes it much more comfortable to walk the long halls. Remember the $21 buffet from yesterday? Well, today I got a $14 omelette and was just as happy. Did I mention that parking was $36 per day?

Here are some of the great folks we met today at our Catersource booth:


That's me, of course, with caterer Jon Wool from Finesse Catering of Chicago, Linda Picone our Catersource Magazine Editor, and Jean Blackmer our Creative Director. Jon is a very neat person who has his own foodservice network broadcasting program.


On the left is Kimberly Jones of Sullivan University in Louisville, KY with Bill Panhoff center and Carol Petersen of the University of Norther Iowa in Cedar Rapid, IA.


Here I am with one of my favorite conference alumni Pat Applebee of Celebrations 150 in Utica, IL. I forgot to capture Pat's friend's name, so as soon as she emails me I will make the correction. I was just moving too quickly today.


Tonight the Catersource Educational Design team went out for a simple dinner after a three hour meeting making plans for an incredible educational program for Catersource 2012 next February. Here I am with my dear friend Jack Milan of Boston after stealing some of his dessert!


Also on the educational planning team is Bill Pannhoff who permitted us to meet his wonderful wife Rose.


And most importantly, our Director of Education herself Linda West from Melange Catering in Houston on the left with my dear wife Bernice.


We went to Shaw's Seafood Restaurant and started with a simple cold appetizer spread! It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment