Thursday, May 5, 2011

Scared To Ask For Food

I just love this! A caterer/owner explained to me that he has stopped directly asking the culinary team for foods for his own entertaining needs at his home for friends and family. He related to me that the staff didn't seem to enjoy the fact of working on "catering" for the boss.

So, now the owner just creates a fake order with a fake name and marks the order "Customer Pick-up" which infers that the catering food will not be delivered. Since he is the last one to leave on the day the catering is needed he tells the staff that it will be a "late" pick-up and he will wait for the client himself so staff can go home. After they leave, he just loads up his SUV and brings the catering home! Cool? I think so.

2 comments:

  1. Gives him a good picture of the product he is sending out to the client as well without it being perfected "for the boss."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with John. However,I am dismayed by the staff feeling free to express how they feel about preparing services for anyone, especially the caterer who provides them with jobs. Don't they get paid no matter whom they provide for?

    ReplyDelete